Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Trip to Old Time Pottery

I don’t know what it is about this store that fascinates me so. The low prices? The eclectic variety of merchandise that makes you wonder if it’s a Frank’s, Walmart, Crate & Barrel, or Michael’s? The great decorating items? Or, more likely, the “made in China” type mistakes on the products. You can see my first installment of Old Time Pottery fails HERE. Go ahead and click the link. It’s worth it. I promise you’ll laugh. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Back already? My parents are visiting me this week and I knew my mom would like this store, so I took her there today. As usual, Old Time Pottery did not disappoint. Here are my finds from today’s trip.

1.  It's a shell. It's a stick. It's a shell on a stick! It's brilliant! I must have one! No, make it two! I must have two of these!

2.  Finally! The perfect martini glass. Think the school would mind if I kept this on my desk and took frequent sips during third period?

3.  "And visions of sngar daddies danced in her head" Yep, I frequently dream of sngar daddies. And sngar plums. And sngar cookies . . .

4.  I can only imagine the conversation that took place while ordering these glasses. Write "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" on the glasses. "Wild Chris tmas?" "No, white Chrstimas!" "Wild Chris tmas?" "WHITE CHRSTMAS!" "Wild Chris tmas?" It reminds me of the following scene from Sixteen Candles.






No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative