Monday, July 30, 2012

My Scary, Scary Closet

I have to confess that I generally hate hardware stores.  Hardware stores have a serious lack of shoes and makeup.  And they smell gross.  And they sell a bunch of stuff that confuses and scares me.  And they're so big that I never know where to find anything.  I've always said that I would like hardware stores a lot more if they sold lip gloss and had sections of pink tools.  Or better yet, they had a comfortable seating area and employees to bring you drinks while demonstrating how to do little fixit jobs without using a shoe, a butter knife, or duct tape.  If the employees doing the demonstating were hot guys with tool belts, well, that would be even better.  (Can't blame a girl for tryin'.)

Anyway, I’ve never really cared for hardware stores, but I recently discovered a whole organizing section at Home Depot.  Who knew?  Well, probably everyone but I knew that Home Depot carries products for home organization.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of organizing stuff.

So here are the embarrassing BEFORE pictures of my spare closet. Stay tuned for the AFTER pictures this weekend!

thumbs dsc 0203 My Scary, Scary Closet
BEFORE
I have two identical closets in my bedroom. One houses my clothes and shoes. The other one . . . well, apparently it holds everything else. It's a scary, scary place.
thumbs dsc 0199 My Scary, Scary Closet
BEFORE
This is why I could never get remarried. I'd have to clear out my second closet!
thumbs dsc 0209 My Scary, Scary Closet
BEFORE
The contents of my closet covering every square inch of my bedroom.
thumbs dsc 0211 My Scary, Scary Closet
BEFORE
I don't have a basement or a usable attic so things like luggage are piled in my closet.
thumbs dsc 0213 My Scary, Scary Closet
BEFORE
My wedding dress is even shoved into the dark recesses of my closet. I think it's time to eBay this thing.
thumbs dsc 0217 My Scary, Scary Closet
HALFWAY
Wow! There really is a lot of room in there!
thumbs dsc 0219 My Scary, Scary Closet
HALFWAY
I'm well on my way since I already have shelving installed. (You can get this stuff at Home Depot, by-the-way.) Stay tuned for the AFTER pictures once I get this thing organized!
Want to read more from Dawn? Get her books Because I Said So (and other tales from a less-than-perfect parent) and You’ll Lose the Baby Weight (and other lies about pregnancy and childbirth) here!


A big thanks to The Home Depot for sponsoring this campaign. Click here to see more of the discussion.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative