Thursday, January 29, 2015

10 Things I Learned About Love The Second Time Around

Reentering the dating world in your 40s is a scary, scary thing. It mostly makes me want to give up and get a cat. Things have changed since the last time I dated (in high school!). Online dating makes me hyperventilate. The couple of times I tried it, I was certain I’d encounter some psycho who wants to make a suit of my skin. (“It puts the lotion in the basket,” anyone?) But as scary as it is, there are some benefits of entering the dating pool at an older age. Most of us “middle-aged” daters have learned a thing or two along the way. We’re older, wiser, and not so caught up in the superficial garbage of our younger years. We know ourselves and what we want, and we’re not willing to settle for anything less. Here are 10 things I’ve learned about love the second time as supported by evidence from my absolute favorite movie genre — the romantic comedy.

CONTINUE READING HERE!

No comments:

Who's Visiting My Blog Right Now?

 
Home About Dawn Blog Books News & Events Press Kit Contact

Dawn Meehan 2008-. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design by Jones House Creative